Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Status: Full Time (40 hours)
You are a numbers person with strong communication skills who does not mind juggling multiple projects. An organized, efficient planner, you are meticulous and always one step ahead of your deadlines.
- Positive attitude
- Communication and people skills
- Technology savviness
- Associate’s or Bachelors degree in accounting or finance with an accounting concentration (required)
- At least two years of accounting experience
Great to haves:
- Real estate accounting experience
- Experience with Yardi, MRI, or another real estate accounting software
- Intermediate or expert Excel skills
- Interest to learn the business and expand responsibilities
What you will do in this position:
- Participate in the full-cycle accounting process for our properties and the management company (AR, AP, Cash Management, etc.)
- Prepare accurate journal entries, financial statements, and other financial reports
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings
- Work on assigned projects to improve operational efficiency and controls
- Communicate in a highly responsive manner with employees and vendors
- Salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
The Wiseman Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and promotes a drug free workplace. We at The Wiseman Company support our community. Every year we support dozens of charities and our team members are encouraged to volunteer their time and talents to worthy causes. Sustainability is one of our values. We believe our natural environment is just as important as the professional office environments that we develop and manage. We continually strive to improve energy efficiency, reduce carbon emissions, and minimize our environmental impact.