Title: Property Manager
Reports to: Director of Properties
Status: Full-time Hourly w/ benefits
- Conduct one’s self in a positive and professional manner at all times consistent with the goals, philosophy and mission of The Wiseman Company in order to manage commercial & retail real estate properties in a high-quality fashion.
- Execute all property management responsibilities including Class A customer service and fiscal efficiency for all operating budgets.
Customer Service and Tenant Relations
- Professionally receive and promptly respond to tenant phone calls, e-mails and direct communication; address relevant issues, special requests and goodwill relations.
- Follow up with tenants to ensure satisfaction. Maintain tenant files, lease extracts, insurance certificates and all pertinent documentation.
- Oversee tenant move in and move out procedures including signage, keys, handbooks, emergency contact information, building tours, etc. Maintain control systems (HVAC, lights, override billing, door codes, pass cards, garage door openers, on-site timers, software programs, alarm systems, etc.) Arrange for maintenance, alteration, upkeep and reconditioning of properties as specified in contracted services and through the use of non-contracted services as warranted.
- Ensure vendors and maintenance staff are meeting or exceeding The Wiseman Company’s expectations of healthy and attractive properties. Conduct routine building inspections and assume proactive responsibility for future challenges and potential problems. Professionally execute eviction of tenants or residents as necessary.
- Review work orders and timesheets.
- Review leases and complete lease extracts.
- Conduct move-out walk throughs and complete move-out forms.
- Update HVAC and lighting schedules on a monthly basis.
- Attend routine maintenance meetings and organize the maintenance calendar.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance programs.
- Resolve delinquent tenant accounts and/or disputes.
- Maintain a strong and interactive relationship with the accounting department.
- Assist accounting with invoices, rent, annual increases, commencement dates, expiration dates, etc.
- Create the annual operating budgets.
- Routinely visit tenants.
- Plan and implement successful Tenant Retention Events (BBQ’s, coffee & pastry events, holiday celebrations, etc.).
- Show office and retail space to interested parties.
- Consistently be available for afterhour phone calls and emergency visits to properties.
- Work occasional evenings and weekends when situations warrant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effectively work in a team atmosphere and excel without supervision.
- Use sound and independent judgment.
- Possess strong computer literacy with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, HVAC and security programs.
- Possess exceptional organizational, written, verbal and time management skills.
- Relate professionally and effectively with tenants, vendors and colleagues through the use of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Diffuse and resolve periodic conflicts.
- Communicate problems and achieve constructive conflict resolution.
- Be detail oriented, multi-task efficiently and use time wisely. Demonstrate punctuality and dependability.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 2 years previous Property Management experience or equivalent
- California Drivers License with a satisfactory driving record
- Excellent computer skills specifically MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bachelors degree preferred
Maturity, self accountability, understanding, patience, personal depth, enthusiasm and a commitment to service.